What Are Peptides?
Peptides are amino acids (protein)that are linked together in a chain to form a specific grouping. Some peptides send a signal to the body that more protein (collagen) is needed. This category of peptides is considered “wrinkle minimizers”. On the other hand, Hexapeptides (a chain of 6 amino acids) block neurotransmitters that cause muscles to contract and form wrinkles. This peptide is referred to as a “wrinkle relaxer”.
Peptides are active at very small doses and highly specific, having a very good safety profile when used physiologically – that is, to assist or change an organism’s physical processes. By stimulating fibroblasts, the building blocks of collagen, and signaling the skin to produce more protein, peptides increase firmness, tone, and diminish fine lines overall, promoting a healthier skin. Most people see noticeable changes within 4 weeks.
Rhonda Allison’s Peptide 38 uses the most cutting-edge technology and the next-generation peptides, the matrikine-mimetic peptide, creating one of the most powerful peptide complexes to date.
With a combination of very unique ingredients in just the right balance to give skin an extra edge in the aging business, Peptide 38 offers the skin continued regeneration support – reversing the signs of aging, keeping fine lines at bay and firming skin. With the added benefits of essential oils for oxygenating and rejuvenating benefits, skin will immediately feel plumper and more buoyant.
- Glycosaminoglycans – An MMP inhibitor which provides structural integrity to cells; increases hydration and acts as a skin smoother.
- Lycium Barbarum (Goji Berry) Fruit Complex – A glycopeptid and MMP inhibitor; provides antioxidant support and stimulates collagen activity.
- Hydroxypropyl Cyclodextrin / Palmitoyl TriPeptide-38 Complex – A dioxygenated lipopeptide consisting of Palmitoyl‑Lysyl‑Dioxymethionyl‑Lysine, this matrikine-mimetic peptide stimulates the synthesis of 6 major constituents of the skin matrix molecules and dermal-epidermal junction (collagen I, III, IV, fibronectin, hyaluronic acid and laminin 5) and evens out skin relief, smoothing wrinkles from the inside by rebuilding the skin where it is needed, particularly on the forehead and crow's feet.
- Caprylyl Glycol / Arginine (L) / Acetyl Hexapeptide-30 Complex – This arginine-hexapeptide complex is a new peptide that has been specifically designed to treat expression wrinkles through a novel post-synaptic approach which involved blockage of MuSK (Muscle-Specific Kinase) activation by agrin.
- Pogostemon Cablin (Patchouli) Oil – Stimulates new cell growth and removes excess fluids; revitalizes skin, calms inflammation, and is an effective ally in the treatment of dehydrated, aging skin.